One-on-one Hebrew School Educators – Inclusion Team 2022-2023 (part-time, 2 hrs/ per week)
Since our founding in 1825, B’nai Jeshurun (BJ) has been at the forefront of the American Jewish experience. As we approach our third century, our vision is focused on the spiritual work of transformation and on the creation of a Jewish path that is authentic, profound, and helps all members of our community seek and live their purpose to the fullest.
Our spiritual leaders and our nearly 1,800 member families share a vision of a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive community that offers many paths to Jewish religious life, while supporting one another in their spiritual quests. We are committed to honoring tradition while re-imagining and innovating our practices and programs to create a vibrant, contemporary, and relevant Jewish life for all who are seeking it.
The vision of the Family Life and Learning department is to ignite families to live a Jewish life with a renewed purpose and connection to Jewish learning.
BJ is seeking part-time one-on-one Hebrew School Educators to join our inclusion team to provide student support in our Hebrew School program, Kadima@BJ, for students who need additional help in the classroom.
We are searching for knowledgeable individuals who will partner with us in keeping Judaism relevant, accessible, and exciting for our students and their families. Our Kadima@BJ model places an emphasis on tefillah, spirituality, music, and community.
- Support individual students’ needs during Kadima@BJ
- Work closely with individual students to mentor and provide guidance in the classroom
- Support teachers in the implementation of inclusive practices in the classroom
- Model inclusive practice and promote an inclusive culture, providing support to staff as needed
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Professional experience working with children ages 4-16, creating welcoming environments and building meaningful relationships
- Prior experience working with students with learning disabilities, ADHD, and/ or behavioral challenges required
- Experience with mindfulness
- Experience in special education preferred
- Patience and flexibility
- Strong communication skills
- All educators must be fully (with at least one booster) vaccinated against Covid-19
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary, professional development, mentoring, and the opportunity to work in a collaborative environment. This is a part-time teaching position and pay will be based on experience level. We are looking for candidates who can be available on weekday afternoons both in person and virtually.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
Teachers must be able to travel to B’nai Jeshurun’s location. Stooping, bending, and reaching for and carrying files or supplies, and sitting or standing for extended periods of time are common.
Please send resume and cover letter to Danielle Freedman at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “Inclusion – Hebrew School Educators.”
B’nai Jeshurun is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in recognition of our values, commitment to social justice, and responsibility to our spiritual leaders and staff, congregants, and the communities within which we live and work. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, veterans, immigrants, and LGBTQIA+ applicants.