Live Streaming and Broadcast Systems Producer
Since our founding in 1825, B’nai Jeshurun (BJ) has been at the forefront of the American Jewish experience. As we approach our third century, our vision is focused on the spiritual work of transformation and on the creation of a Jewish path that is authentic, profound, and helps all members of our community seek and live their purpose to the fullest.
Our spiritual leaders and our nearly 1,800 member families share a vision of a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive community that offers many paths to Jewish religious life, while supporting one another in their spiritual quests. We are committed to honoring tradition while re-imagining and innovating our practices and programs to create a vibrant, contemporary, and relevant Jewish life for all who are seeking it.
Our community is led by Rabbi Rolando Matalon, together with a senior leadership team that comprises Rabbi Felicia Sol, who oversees all programs, and Executive Director/COO Colin Weil, who oversees advancement, communications, finance and administration, and operations. BJ has a staff of approximately 40 full-time and 10 part-time employees.
Our pivot to all-virtual programming during the COVID-19 pandemic expanded our reach substantially to thousands of additional individuals and families from around the country and beyond, who now regularly join us for prayer and learning. Our vision includes a dynamic multi access operation where most of our offerings are available in-person in our historic Upper West Side campus, as well as through various online platforms. Additionally, we are building a robust library of on-demand content for our community.
To support this vision, BJ is investing in systems, equipment, and personnel, including the addition of a new role, the Live Streaming and Broadcast Systems Producer (LBSP). This role will oversee the livestream and digital media personnel and systems which capture, broadcast, and record our prayer and programming, and manage the growing digital media library.
The Live Streaming and Broadcast Systems Producer will report to the Director of Campus Operations, and supervise an AV Coordinator and one or more AV Specialists, and work closely with the Communications team. The LBS team serves on the operations team, which includes facilities management and event operations, and. The LBSP will work primarily on-site, with flexibility for a non-traditional schedule to include some weekday evenings, Shabbat (Friday evenings and Saturdays) and holiday coverage. Overall the function supports programming daily throughout the year.
- Serve as lead producer of all of BJ’s broadcasted prayer services, programs, and events, to ensure proper setup for lighting, camera placements and presets, set decor, and that the streams are properly setup
- Liaise with BJ staff to assist in the best streaming setup for their events
- Manage and maintain BJ’s livestream systems and broadcast equipment (Newtek Tricaster, 1Beyond) in our main Sanctuary
- Manage BJ’s digital lighting system (ETC Ion EX20) in the Sanctuary
- Manage development and deployment of additional portable and built-in A/V equipment to allow for the use of additional physical spaces for online programming
- Manage BJ’s Vimeo broadcast platform
- Support BJ’s Zoom environment as needed
- Manage and maintain the BJ A/V User’s Guide which includes maintenance and broadcast protocols for all systems
- Provide training to Operations team members who support A/V services
- Provide and/or schedule AV support for all of BJ’s prayer, programs, and events as needed
- Plan production capacity as needed for holidays and special events with a mix of freelance and vendor-based personnel and equipment
- With BJ’s Communications Department
- Develop and maintain pre- and post-production media standards (graphics, titles, etc)
- Maintain BJ’s local media archive and digital resources library
- Ensure that BJ’s online digital media libraries are current with post-produced program files (Facebook, YouTube, BJ website)
- Coordinate facilitation of various online chat streams
- Track digital engagement statistics
- Work with IT/Network managers to ensure AV systems are up-to-date, bandwidth is adequate, media storage is adequate and curated appropriately.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- BA degree, or equivalent work experience, is required, plus at least two years of audio-visual work
- Experience with a member-based organization or similar environments with a complex mix of events, programming, and customer service needs
- Strong writing and communications skills
- High digital media competency, especially in live streaming environments: creation, editing, GFX
- Advanced computer proficiency required, including familiarity with G Suite, Canva, Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience using social media platforms and hubs (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Hootsuite, etc) to facilitate and strategize our broadcast reach
- Highly organized with superb attention to detail; experience with online task management systems a plus
- Ability to prioritize according to your supervisor’s expectations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team approach
- Creative, resourceful self-starter with an ability to work independently
- Ability to anticipate needs and solve problems proactively
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, remaining flexible, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Knowledge of and experience communicating on subjects related to Jewish faith and culture a plus
Competitive compensation and benefits including:
- Salary of $70K-80K
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- 403(b) retirement plan
We want to hear how your journey leads you to BJ at this time. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
B’nai Jeshurun is committed to creating a staff culture and congregational community that is accessible, inclusive, and equitable. In particular, we have been on a journey over the past several years to understand the history and impact of racism in America, within the American Jewish community, and within the BJ congregation and staff in particular. We seek to build a community and staff that reflects and celebrates the diversity of America, as well as of the Jewish community, and are looking for team members who want to be part of our ongoing learning, and to contribute to it.
People of Color, Jews of Color, Sephardic and Mizrahi Jews, women, people with disabilities, immigrants, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate will bring a personal commitment to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.