Parent volunteers play an important role at BJHS. By giving of your time and energy, you will be helping to enrich the experience of all our children. Volunteering is also an excellent way to get more involved in and connected to the greater B’nai Jeshurun community. Some examples of how you might volunteer include:
- Help plan a Shabbat dinner or lunch
- Help coordinate a class Hanukkah party
- Volunteer for the Purim pizza dinner
- Make phone calls to Hebrew School parents
- Offer administrative support (graphic design, helping with mailings, photocopying, etc.)
Parents can also become involved as educators in their children’s classrooms. Share your knowledge in any of the following areas with Hebrew School students:
- Do you play a Jewish instrument, like the shofar? Do you play Jewish music on any other instrument?
- Do you have a special talent like art, cooking, dancing, writing or drama that you would like to teach once or twice during the school year?
- Do you have a unique experience in the Jewish community? Have you been part of the Jewish community in a different country or culture? Would you like to share your experience with our students?
- Do you speak a Jewish language, whether Hebrew, Yiddish, or Ladino?