Registration and Financial Aid
Those who are new to BJ or our school will want to read about the Membership Requirements, Tuition, Fees, and the Registration Process before completing the appropriate application. Those needing financial accommodations should read about Other Payment Arrangements and Financial Aid before submitting an application.
To help build community and strengthen the connection between the Hebrew School and the larger BJ community, we require that Hebrew School families be members of BJ. Families should join BJ or renew their membership by August 1 to assure that a spot is reserved for a student. After that date we do not hold spots for existing students.
We also recognize that many families are introduced to synagogue life through the Hebrew School. We permit the families of new students in Gan (kindergarten) and Aleph (first grade) to become members of BJ for a special first-year reduced membership price of $720. Families who would like to take advantage of this must enroll using our Paper Application.
BJ Hebrew School Tuition
|Aleph (1st grade)||$1375|
|Bet (2nd grade)||$1425|
|Gimmel (3rd grade)||$2475*|
|Dalet (4th grade)||$2475 *|
|Hey (5th grade)||$2475 *|
|Vav (6th grade)||$2475 *|
|JJP (grades 4-6)||$3250 *|
|Zayin (7th grade)||$1825|
All tuition includes the cost of a family joining us for a Family Kabbalat Shabbat Dinner.
*Tuition for a student in Gimmel, Dalet, Hey, and Vav includes a fee which includes all programming, housing and meals for the student plus one parent at the annual Reach for Shabbat Family Retreat.
*Tuition for a student in Zayin includes the cost of the 7th Grade Shabbaton in Washington, D.C.
- There is a $35 application fee for new students.
- There is a $200 multi-child discount for families enrolling more than one child in Hebrew school. This discount is applied per family, not per child
- There is a $50 late fee applied for registrations submitted after August 1.
1. Online Registration: New and returning Hebrew School families can fill out their application online. Online registration can be done easily and securely using a credit card. Please note that this application requires that Hebrew School tuition be paid in full upon registering.
2. Paper Application: If you would prefer to pay in installments, by check, set up a Payment Plan or apply for Financial Aid, you can register using our paper application. Please print and return to BJ before August 1 by:
Mail: B’nai Jeshurun
Attn: Hebrew School Application
270 West 89th Street
New York, NY 10024
Email: Scan and email your application to email@example.com with the subject line “Hebrew School Application”.
We are blessed to be part of a synagogue community that has Financial Aid to make Hebrew School within the reach of every family. If you would like to set up a payment plan or apply for financial aid, please contact the Hebrew School office at (212) 787-7600 x260. We recommend that this be done as early as possible.
To be considered for financial aid, a Financial Aid application must be submitted each year to the Hebrew School office by July 15.