- This event has passed.
Educational Forum on Bail Reform
February 18 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
New bail reforms, intended in part to address racial and class inequities in the criminal justice system, went into effect on January 1—not without controversy. What does the law actually say, and what is its impact? What are the values and concerns that underlie the debates about the reforms? What are the lenses through which we as a Jewish community can explore this issue?
- Dan Quart, New York State Assemblymember
- Nicole Triplett, New York Civil Liberties Union
- Joe Fucito, Sheriff, New York City
- Khalil Cumberbatch, New Yorkers United for Justice
- Nigel I. Farinha, Chief of Gang Prosecutions, Special Narcotics Prosecutor of the City of New York
Moderated by Emily Bazelon, staff writer for The New York Times Magazine and senior research fellow at Yale Law School.
Panel is in formation.