Thursday, February 21-Thursday, February 28, 2019
Sign up now for an in-depth look into the heart of Israeli society led by Rabbi Roly Matalon, accompanied by Director of Israel Engagement Moshe Samuels.
After 70 years, Israel is experiencing a wide spectrum of social and political challenges, along with revolutionary accomplishments in technology, arts, and culture.
Join Rabbi Roly Matalon and BJ’s shaliah, Moshe Samuels, as they explore some of the most urgent and nuanced issues facing Israeli society today.
Learn about Israel’s relationship with its Arab citizens and neighbors in an ever-changing Middle East; growing socio-economic gaps and marginalized communities (immigrants and asylum seekers, minorities, and the Haredi society); and tension between the Jewish and democratic character of the state
You will meet prominent Israeli politicians, academics, journalists, and spiritual leaders; visit innovative organizations addressing these key social challenges; and experience the best of Israeli art, music, and cuisine.
We will stay in the brand new five-star Orient Hotel in Jerusalem, and spend a communal Shabbat with our dear BJ friends and partners at Kehilat Zion, located near our hotel. Check-in is on Thursday, February 21; programming begins the morning of Friday, February 22.
Note: this trip will not include the classic, must-see tourist sites. It is intended for experienced Israel travelers, or for those seeking a deeper understanding of this marvelous and complex country.
Includes accommodations at the Orient hotel, transportation, program costs, all breakfasts, and four dinners at top Israeli restaurants. Flights are not included.
- Double occupancy: $3,100 per person
- Single occupancy: $4,200 per person
- PLUS $1,800 tax-deductible gift to BJ (per person)
- A $500 non-refundable deposit is due by Monday, October 15
- The balance (excluding gifts) is due in full by Friday, December 14
- Tax-deductible gifts must be paid in full no later than Friday, January 25
- This trip is open to BJ members only.
- In order to confirm the trip we must have 15 confirmed travelers by August 26. If the trip does not go ahead, all deposits will be refunded in full.
- We can take a maximum of 25 travelers. Confirmation will be on a first-come basis with payment of the $500 deposit. We will have a waitlist if there is interest that exceeds capacity.
To reserve your space now, or if you have any logistical questions, contact Moshe Samuels at email@example.com or x241.