“Israel Celebrates 70” Community Trip to Israel
Visiting Israel with fellow BJ members, rabbis, and staff is always a memorable experience. Our Israel trips combine service, study, and prayer and are designed to give you an in-depth understanding of Israeli society and culture.
As Israel celebrates 70 years of Independence, we are delighted to announce a new community trip scheduled from December 25, 2017 to January 3, 2018. This trip is bound to offer something for everyone, as we are providing a range of itineraries, each one catered to a unique part of the Israel experience.
- The adult track offers options for first timers who are interested in visiting the classic sites and for seasoned Israel travelers in search of a more in-depth perspective.
- The family track will provide your children with an experience of a lifetime, enabling them to forge a lasting relationship with the people and the land. For children of Bar/Bat Mitzvah age, the trip will be an ideal way to celebrate this important life event.
- The teen track emphasizes social action and service-learning. It also features hikes in Israel’s most beautiful resorts and encounters with Israeli peers.
All three tracks will meet our partner spiritual communities in Israel, which will provide members with an authentic, personal connection to the Israeli people. During Shabbat, members from every track will unite and celebrate as one community.
Sign up now for this special opportunity to celebrate Israel’s 70th anniversary with our community and rabbis!
Arrival to Israel: Monday afternoon, December 25, 2017.
Departure from Israel: Wednesday evening, January 3, 2018.
Please Note: We are aware that many members may have personal preferences such as booking a specific airline, using their frequent flyer miles, or extending their trip on either end. With this in mind, we encourage our members to book their own flights. That being said, we will be offering group rates on a roundtrip direct flight to Tel-Aviv, departing NYC on 12/24/17. We estimate the cost of this flight to be approximately $1,550 (price subject to change). If you are interested in flying with the group, please indicate this in your registration form.
If you are interested in extending your trip, please feel free to contact Moshe at email@example.com for suggestions on more travel and volunteer opportunities.
Though each of our three tracks has a unique schedule, each will also provide opportunities to join up with the larger community. Some flexibility will be available, allowing participants in the adult track to join the family track for select activities. All schedules are subject to change, and the final schedules will be available a month prior to the trip.
Rates and Terms of Payment
|One adult in single room (a single adult can opt to join another adult in a double room in order to lower costs. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information).||$4,175|
|Two adults in double room||$6,160|
|One room: of two adults & one child age 3-14||$8,380|
|One room: two adults & one child age 14-18||$8,530|
|Two rooms: two adults & two children ages 3-14||$12,220|
|Two rooms: two adults & one child age 3-12 and one child age 14-18||$12,050|
|Two rooms: two adults & two children ages 12-18||$11,980|
|Single teen (teen with no additional family members joining the trip)||$2,865|
These costs do not include the following:
- Cost of round trip airfare from NYC to Tel Aviv
- Any personal expenses
- Personal health insurance, insurance for baggage, personal items, trip cancellation
- At sign-up: $300 down payment must be made
- By July 1: 50% of payment must be made
- By October 1: entire payment must be made
Scholarships are available, covering up to 50% of the trip costs by the discretion of our grant committee. Please indicate if you would like to apply for a scholarship when filling in the application form, after which a scholarship application form will be emailed to you. All scholarship applications must be received by May 1, 2017. Applicants will be informed by May 31.
If cancellation is received in our office:
1) Before May 1 $300 deposit will be refunded
2) Between May 1 – July 1: $300 deposit will not be refunded
2) Between July 2 – October 1: $1,000 per person will be charged
3) From October 1: Full payment will be charged.