BJ Women

Upcoming Events for Women

2017 Women's Retreat

Friday, May 19-Sunday, May 21 | Isabella Freedman Jewish Retreat Center
Spend a weekend surrounded by the voices of women and exploring the theme: Marching Toward Sinai: Torah of Spiritual Resistance. Build deeper connections in the BJ community through beautiful services, a joyous Shabbat, and conversations with Rabbi Felicia Sol and former BJ Rabbinic Fellow Chen Ben-Or Tsfoni.

Member Double Room, $350; Member Single Room, $450; Non-members, $500. Discounted rates for members if registration is complete before March 1! There are a limited amount of single rooms. Register here. For bus transportation, click here. Contact Billie for information.

bj women

Women at BJ wanted a communal space to learn, pray and sing together and Rabbi Felicia L. Sol felt the privilege and the responsibility to create this space. Together, in 2001, they started monthly Rosh Hodesh group meetings, held regular women’s retreats, and now, something closer to home, our local mini-retreats.

Women’s Reflections

BJ Women

My connection to Judaism was enhanced by the community of women who are so strong and dedicated to supporting the tradition. I feel fortunate to be part of this extraordinary community. – Sandy Cheiten

womens-retreat credit Toby Baldinger

I met many new friends – smart, interesting women. The retreat, for me is a balance of cerebral and spiritual. The services and music are vehicles to connect me closer to my Jewishness. Being in a space of peace, beauty, and thought.  I am still feeling the effects of the experience. – Bonnie Harwayne

IMG_0047

It was helpful to me that other people are questioning their beliefs and it actually provided me with a stronger connection knowing that I was not alone. It was wonderful to share so much in a more natural setting and not just as participants at services or meetings. – Susan Samuels