Auction Rules and Guidelines
By bidding in the B’nai Jeshurun (BJ) Celebrate Community Online Auction, each bidder agrees to be bound by the following Auction Rules and Guidelines:
- All sales are final. There will be no exchanges or refunds unless otherwise noted. All goods and services are sold “as is” and subject to all terms and conditions stipulated by the donor. BJ has attempted to accurately describe auction items, but BJ does not warrant or represent, and in no event shall BJ be responsible for, the correctness of descriptions, genuineness, authorship, provenance or condition of the items. No statement made in connection with any auction item shall be deemed a warranty, representation, or assumption of liability.
- Restaurant gift certificates do not include alcohol, tax, or gratuities unless specified.
- Certain items are marked “BJ Members Only”. If you are not a BJ members and you win one of these items, the item will be given to the next highest bidder that is a BJ member.
- Unless otherwise specified, all certificates for goods or services must be used or redeemed within one year of the date of the auction.
- For experience items (such as, vacation home stays, business and professional services), the winner must contact the donor directly to coordinate the experience. The purchaser is responsible, and BJ has no responsibility whatsoever, for making arrangements with the donor.
- Payment for items purchased, plus any shipping costs, must be made in full at the close of the auction. No item will be released without payment in full. If payment in full is not made at the close of the auction, or if payment by credit card is declined and payment by alternate means is not made within 24 hours after notice, BJ has the right to cancel the sale and offer the item to the next highest bidder and, in such event, BJ will have no liability to the bidder who has failed to pay.
- Except for eCertificates which are delivered by e-mail, purchaser must take possession of all items at the close of the auction or at a specified location within 15 days after the close of the auction. If purchaser does not take possession within 15 days, BJ has the right to cancel the sale and offer the item to the next highest bidder and, in such event, BJ will have no liability to the bidder who has failed to take possession. If purchaser elects to have the item delivered by mail, BJ and its officers, directors, advisors, employees, agents, event organizers, host committee members, sponsors, donors, and volunteers shall have no responsibility if the item is lost or stolen.
- BJ reserves the right to add or withdraw items, without notice, to or from the auction. BJ and donors bear no responsibility should any item become invalid or unavailable due to closure, relocation or change in operations.
- Each bidder assumes all risks and hazards related to the auction and goods and services obtained at the auction. Each bidder agrees to hold BJ, and its officers, directors, advisors, employees, agents, event organizers, host committee members, sponsors, donors, and volunteers, harmless from and against any liability arising directly or indirectly from the auction and/or any items bid for or purchased. Upon purchase, each purchaser waives any claim for liability against BJ, and its officers, directors, advisors, employees, agents, event organizers, host committee members, sponsors, donors, and volunteers for personal injury or damages that may result from use of the goods or services sold. Each purchaser will be liable for any damage to a vacation home or other property used by such purchaser.
In compliance with IRS regulations, please note that the amount of the auction purchase price that is deductible for federal income tax purposes is limited to the amount of money paid above the fair market value of the auction item. Any value listed is an estimate of fair market value. Unless specifically noted, items have not been appraised. Items designated as “Priceless” retain the value of the purchase price. We suggest that you contact your tax professional to determine the tax deductions (if any) for your specific purchase.