Advancement Data Associate
Since our founding in 1825, B’nai Jeshurun (BJ) has been at the forefront of the American Jewish experience. As we approach our third century, our vision is focused on the spiritual work of transformation and on the creation of a Jewish path that is authentic, profound, and helps all members of our community seek and live their purpose to the fullest.
Our community is led by Rabbi Rolando Matalon, together with a senior leadership team that comprises Rabbi Felicia Sol, who oversees all programs, and Executive Director/COO Colin Weil, who oversees advancement, communications, finance and administration, and operations. BJ has a staff of approximately 40 full-time and ten part-time employees.
Our spiritual leaders and our nearly 1,800 member families share a vision of a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive community that offers many paths to Jewish religious life, while supporting one another in their spiritual quests. We are committed to honoring tradition while re-imagining and innovating our practices and programs to create a vibrant, contemporary, and relevant Jewish life for all who are seeking it.
Our pivot to all-virtual programming during the COVID-19 pandemic expanded our reach substantially to thousands of additional individuals and families from around the country and beyond, who now regularly join us for prayer and learning. Our post-pandemic vision includes a dynamic hybrid operation where most of our offerings are available in-person in our historic Upper West Side campus, as well as through various online platforms. Additionally, we are building a robust library of on-demand content for our community.
The Advancement Data Associate will be an integral part of the Advancement team, supporting the development and membership operations, with heavy utilization of our Salesforce CRM system.
Provide data-entry processing, maintenance, and troubleshooting support to the Advancement team including, but not limited to:
- Process donations and payments in Salesforce.
- Troubleshoot issues associated with processing donations and payments.
- Maintain Salesforce donor management database entries (routinely update and correct database records as needed).
- Create monthly reports as needed to support the daily work.
- Execute workflows using various third-party platforms including Zapier, Givebutter, Apsona and others.
- Support the account and payment queries of members and donors.
- Provide strong member service/support and connect with donors over the phone and email.
- Provide other administrative support as necessary.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree plus progressively responsible work experience is required.
- Two to five years of experience in an administrative position, preferably in a not-for-profit office
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and G-Suite
- Strong familiarity with data entry and database management
- Salesforce experience required
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Strong professional written and verbal communication skills
- Professional demeanor and superb attention to detail
- Discretion is a must
Personal Qualities and Values
- High emotional intelligence and maturity
- Seeks out professional development opportunities and training
- Relational orientation and team player
- Strong business acumen
- Affinity for problem solving by collecting relevant information and applying your understanding
- Professional presentation and socially adept
- Recognizing and anticipating donor needs
- Flexibility, willingness to listen effectively, seek and receive feedback
- Humble confidence, openness to being mentored
- Sense of humor
$45,000 to $50,000
Please send resume and cover letter to Amanda Greenawalt, Advancement Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Advancement Associate Position.”
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
B’nai Jeshurun, in recognition of our values, commitment to social justice, and responsibility to our spiritual leaders and staff, congregants, and the communities within which we live and work, is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, veterans, immigrants, and LGBTQIA+ applicants.