Occupy the Roof: Summer Social Justice Film Series
Tuesday, August 6 | 6:00-9:00PM | Community House
Sponsored by Panim: Social Action and Social Justice at BJ, this film series will celebrate stories of people that shine a light on justice in a changing world.
Up next: Artifishal
Doors at 6:00PM, welcoming remarks at 6:45PM, and the movie begins at 7:00PM. Feel free to bring a dairy or vegetarian picnic dinner to enjoy before the screening begins. Light refreshments will be served. We encourage all attendees to stay for a brief discussion after each film.
Please note that due to essential restoration work taking place on the Community House Rooftop over the summer, screenings will take place in other spaces in the building. Toward the end of the series, we hope to be able to make use of the rooftop, weather permitting.
Artifishal is a film about people, rivers, and the fight for the future of wild fish and the environment that supports them. It explores wild salmon’s slide toward extinction, threats posed by fish hatcheries and fish farms, and our continued loss of faith in nature.
Click the thumbnail below to watch the trailers.
|June 24: Reversing Roe||July 10:|
- Monday, June 24: Reversing Roe*—discussion led by Rabbi Dini Lewittes
- Wednesday, July 10: Moving Stories
- Tuesday, August 6: Artifishal
- Tuesday, August 20: Gender Revolution—discussion led by CBST’s Rabbi Mike Moskowitz and BJ’s rabbinic fellow, Abi Weber **
- Wednesday, September 11: Thirteenth*
* Please note, depending on the individual film rights, we are not permitted to charge admission for some screenings.
** This session co-sponsored by Congregation Beit Simchat Torah.