Membership Services Associate (full-time)
Reports To: Membership Services Manager
Since our founding in 1825, B’nai Jeshurun (BJ) has been at the forefront of the American Jewish experience. As we approach our third century, our vision is focused on the spiritual work of transformation and on the creation of a Jewish spiritual path that is authentic, profound, and helps every member seek and live his or her purpose to the fullest.
Our spiritual leaders and our nearly 1,800 member families share a vision of a diverse, dynamic, and welcoming community that offers many paths to Jewish religious life, while supporting one another in their spiritual quests. We are committed to honoring tradition while re-imagining and innovating our practices and programs to create a vibrant Jewish life for the 21st century.
B’nai Jeshurun seeks a Membership Services Associate to provide administrative and strategic support to the Membership Services department. The Associate would interface directly with our community members. A successful candidate will have experience with high levels of customer service and working with a diverse range of individuals. The right candidate will be one who enjoys learning new concepts and ideas, has grace under pressure, and is quick on their feet.
The Membership Services department operates as a sub-department under the Advancement umbrella. Advancement also includes Development and Marketing/Communications. All sub-departments operate in a friendly and communal work environment and report to the Director of Advancement.
- Offer consistently high levels of customer service in person, online, and by phone, to current and prospective members; including, but not limited to, responding to inquiries, renewing memberships, setting up payment plans, explaining membership options, connecting members with programs or other staff, and answering billing questions
- Prioritize deadlines and be responsive to member and staff inquiries
- Provide ongoing phone and email support to individuals contacting the membership office
- Coordinate and collaborate with Advancement Team on High Holy Day and special event preparations
- Process and reconcile expenses, invoices, and other finance-related administrative work
- Coordinate with other departments as needed to resolve member inquiries and concerns
Customer Relationship Management (Salesforce Database):
- Maintain database accuracy, entering and updating household records
- Create various membership reports, tracking metrics and trends
- Proactively identify and address issues of data integrity
High Holy Days:
- Serve as point person at the will call desk during the High Holy Days
- Track annual membership renewals, file member requests and changes
- Process requests for guest entrance cards
- Manage entrance card reciprocity
Other duties may be assigned.
Experience and Skills:
The ideal candidate for this position will possess or exhibit the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2-3 years administrative, member service, customer service, or other related work experience
- Advanced interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with a diverse group of staff, clergy, and community members; anticipating the needs of others
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, under pressure, remaining flexible, resourceful, and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and on a team, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy, highly developed organizational skills, and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with databases; Salesforce a plus
- Proficient in Google Suite, Windows, and a general comfort with technology
- Ability to adjust hours based on seasonal needs (ie. at times working evenings and weekends)
- Jewish knowledge is helpful but not required
Excellent benefits package.
Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employment:
In recognition of our values, commitment to social justice, and responsibility to our employees, congregants, and the greater civic and national community, BJ is committed to equality of opportunity. To this end, BJ’s policy is to comply with the laws, regulations, and orders that provide for and impose obligations on employers with respect to the management of their equal employment opportunity programs. Accordingly, BJ conducts its business and practices in a manner that fully complies with all federal, state, and local laws governing equal employment opportunity. BJ’s compliance with such laws are intended to eliminate discrimination against employees or applicants for employment on account of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin, veteran’s status, disability, or other factors unrelated to a person’s ability to do the job.